Tepeyac called with the results of my bloodwork that was done on peak +8.
Estradiol - 378
Progesterone - 44.3
Everytime the nurses call they say, "Dr. L reviewed the results of your bloodwork and she thinks they are great!" Then I ask, "Do you have the numbers? Would you mind sharing them with me?" It makes me laugh because I often have this same conversation with the same nurse each time. I wonder if most patients don't care about the exact numbers? Then again, how many patients do they have getting peak+ bloodwork done? Besides the other bloggers, of course!
I was able to get it drawn again on Friday, which was peak +10. For some reason it was really difficult to get the order faxed over to the office again. Thankfully I have my peak +11 orders on hand if my cycle lasts until Monday, although that would be peak +13. I can't remember the last time my cycle lasted that long, so I'll just wait and see.
My head has been reeling since hearing GIMH's great news! This is the story that couples waiting to adopt hope for - a call that a baby is born and ready for you right away. The timing of how everything came together was nothing short of a miracle. It helps remind me of the power of prayer and the power of God's grace working in our lives. Their story makes it so clear that this child was meant for them and that everything else was leading up to this moment. I hope that I can cling to this during those times when it seems like we are going nowhere. It gets so hard to trust and hope that our story will someday have this ending too. Please pray that everything goes smoothly for GIMH and their baby boy!
In adoption news for us, we will meet with our social worker again this Friday. I'm waiting to hear back from her which appointment this is - she still needs to interview us separately, inspect the house and meet with our references. I'm not sure how quickly the process moves after the meetings are done. I would love to be approved before 2009 is over. Like always, we will just have to wait and see.
The nurse also does that to me every time! Seriously, are there patients who don't care what the numbers are???
ReplyDeleteBy the way, those levels are great! I wish I could've done the progesterone with you this cycle, but I'll have to settle for a measly 14 :)
You know, I've never asked for my exact numbers. Perhaps when I start to get my blood drawn (if AF ever gets here!) I'll start calling my doctor's office.
ReplyDeleteBtw, great numbers!
Great numbers....!! Fantastic! Is that with supplemented progesterone?
ReplyDeleteThose are great numbers!! I think you're right about GIMH's situation- I think for an adoptive couple it would be a little less stressful if they get a call about a baby who has already been born and the period for TPR has expired! I pray that your adoption journey is short and smooth if that's where God leads you!!
ReplyDeleteThose are great numbers!
ReplyDeleteThose numbers look great! Can't wait to see if you end up with a longer LP!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited about these numbers!
ReplyDelete