Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We have had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. It's been so great to stay home and host my in-laws. I was a little crazy last weekend before they arrived - trying to get everything together. But once they got here on Tuesday night it's been so great and relaxing.

Wednesday I did some cooking and baking to be ready for our Thanksgiving feast. That night we saw "Jersey Boys" downtown at the National Theater. It was so good! I usually prefer the more classical shows and I thought that this would be a concert without any storyline. But they did a great job of telling the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, in addition to have all the great songs. The cast was really talented.
Thursday we got the turkey in the oven early and had our feast around 2:00pm. We kept everything pretty simple - but had all the yummy fixings. I was really pleased with how everything turned out! Everyone took a nap afterwards, watched some football and later that night we watched a movie. It was perfect!

Enjoying some appetizers
Thanksgiving dinner
Friday I did a little shopping with my mother-in-law. We didn't go super early and just went to a few stores, so that was nice. Mostly we were shopping for my Christmas gift. My hubby and I are still trying to finish decorating our family room and we needed some things for the mantel. We found a mirror and these beautiful pillar-candle holders. It was just what I wanted! Later we had friends over to watch the Nebraska game.

This afternoon we're going to the movies and tonight we will watch the USC game. It's been such a great, relaxing weekend!! I'm trying to enjoy it all because it's going to be a crazy three weeks until Christmas break.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had the perfect Thanksgiving!

    I can't believe that Christmas break is so soon! I haven't even started practicing for the Christmas concert yet! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures G! It looks like you all had a wonderful, relaxing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time! Wow, three weeks until Christmas break is so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to see Jersey Boys! It sounds great.

    Glad you had a great time, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such fun! Glad it all went well for you. I was thinking of you and all the stress you must have been under with cooking everything.

    Dying to see Jersey Boys!

    Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise be to God for a wonderful and relaxing break!!!

    The meal sounded great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a lovely, relaxing Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete