Yesterday I led our faculty prayer group in an Advent reflection on St. Joseph. I know Advent isn't here quite yet, but this was one of the only dates we could schedule.
I haven't had much of a devotion to St. Joseph before, but I felt drawn to him this week. I realized that poor St. Joseph often gets forgotten. Of course when your family includes Mary and Jesus, you can see how that would happen! I received a beautiful book on St. Joseph for my birthday and I used it in our prayer group. It tells the story of St. Joseph and describes many devotions and prayers to him.
I also found this great video reflection. I thought you might enjoy watching it.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
Thanks for sharing! St. Jospeph is the interessor for everything! Beautiful!
ReplyDeletegreat post!
ReplyDeletei found a st. joseph novena in pieta prayer book a few years back and just loved it... it is one i keep going back to often.
Thanks for sharing the video. My parish is St. Joseph's so it reminds me to think about him more than I did before I started going there.
ReplyDeleteI've never really thought of St. Joe as being forgotten...he has always been my one of my chief "go to" saints. Even as a kid, my mom had a 30" statue of him in our dining room and would light a candle by the statue whenever she had a special intention for him to carry to Our Lord. We'd frequently call home from college to request that she "fire up St. Joe" for an upcoming test. LOL! I still ask her to fire him up from time to time.
ReplyDeleteAnother great book on St. Joseph that I used in a book club discussion last year is _Joseph of Nazereth_ by Federico Suarez. Awesome, thought-provoking reflections abound.
St. Joseph is a pretty popular saint around here!
ReplyDeleteWanna guess what my husband's first name is????