I've got a variety of random updates... so I think I'll use bullet points in my post. (Just like Complicated Life has been doing!)
*Yesterday was an awful day for my team, and by now I'm sure you all know how obsessed I am with college football and USC. Oregon beat us soooooo badly. It was an ugly, awful game from the beginning. I hate losing! I'm a little embarassed to admit how much it affects me. But it does. Grrr.
*On a happy note, our DC support group got together for coffee on Saturday morning. It was great! Even though only four of us made it this time, we could have talked for hours and hours. It's so wonderful to find common ground with other women who are going through the same experience. I always walk away feeling encouraged and usually with some good advice too!
*I've been taking the Endometrin now for a few days and I haven't noticed any side-effects. Other than the leaking, of course. I just hope that it will make a difference. I will get my blood drawn this week, so hopefully my numbers look good.
*I'm starting to get a little antsy regarding our homestudy. We turned in the homestudy paperwork 3 weeks ago. Our social worker told us that once we turned everything in, she would be in touch with us about scheduling that last two home visits. I emailed her once when we turned in the paperwork and then again today. I really hope we hear back from her soon so that we can keep this process moving along. I'd love to be homestudy approved by Christmas.
*I have been working with the Director of Family Life for our Archdiocese to plan a talk by Dr. B from Tepeyac. We finally decided on Saturday, November 21. He sent the blurb to all the parishes in our diocese, but apparently it's up to them whether they want to run it or not. I have not seen it in our bulletin yet and I'm worried that no one is going to come! Hopefully the women from our IF support group can all come. I'm going to post the information below. Please pass it along to anyone you know in the DC area who might be interested!
Dr. Bru.chalski speaks about Infertility
On Saturday November 21, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon there will be a talk and discussion on infertility issues at the Central Pastoral Administration offices. The talk by Dr. John Bru.chalski, founder of the Tepeyac Family Center will address ways to treat infertility using effective and moral medical means. Discussion of an ongoing support group will also be addressed. For more information or to register please contact the Office of Family Life at flm@adw.org.
Sorry your team didn't win :(.
ReplyDeleteI had a great time talking with you on Saturday. I really could do that every Saturday - it just puts me in a more positive mood all weekend long.
I'm sorry I'm going to have to miss out on the talk with Dr. B, but I hope someone takes notes!
Nov 21st promises to be a great day for support groups everywhere!! Lol :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the Endometrin is not causing any s/es.
You have 2 home visits for your HS? Blech, I hope they're close together, so at least you don't have to scrub the whole house down twice ;) It sounds like you may very well be HS approved by Christmas, that's so exciting!!
Sorry about your time, but that's great about Dr. B coming to your IF support group. Are you taking Endometrin at night? I didn't notice any s/e with progesterone (except the leaking) since I took it at night.
ReplyDeleteI'll check and see whether St. John and St. Thomas More run it - I should be there this weekend. I may even be able to buttonhole a priest and ask him to add it if it's not already in there.
ReplyDelete