Saturday, November 22, 2008

BUSY week!

Whew! That is me breathing a sigh of relief after a busy, busy week. As I already mentioned, there are a ton of things going on at school and my evenings were also busy last week. My women's prayer group on Thursday night was great! I really enjoy getting to know these women better and sharing our faith journey together. The theme for our evening was Lectio Divina. I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it's amazing how rich and deep one passage of Scripture can be. We focused on a couple of verses from 2 Corinthians and everyone had a different reflection on how God was speaking to them through His Word. It was beautiful! Afterwards I felt so inspired and encouraged. We decided that after the new year we might start meeting every other week, instead of once a month. It was fun to have them over to my house! We haven't done much entertaining recently, and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I made some hot apple cidar that was really yummy.

Thankfully today is Saturday and there are some good college football games. It's FREEZING here in Maryland, so we're happy to stay inside and keep warm. We saw a few snow flurries this week, but nothing that actually stuck to the ground.

In terms of my surgery, I continue to feel hopeful about everything. Thankfully it's just over a week away! I will be getting a phone call from the hospital nurse on Monday to discuss pre-surgery preparations. I also have an appointment with Dr. L on Wednesday morning to finalize everything with her. I guess they have to do some blood work to make sure I'm not pregnant and that I don't have any infections. PLEASE PRAY that her insurance paperwork has been approved! We should know that by Monday.

7 comments:

  1. You live in Maryland!? I am from Maryland!! My mom lives in Carroll County, but I grew up on Ft. Meade-Columbia-Laurel area!

    Great news on the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayer group sounds awesome! I'm jealous! I would love something like that.

    I am so excited for you to have your surgery! I will pray this weekend for the insurance stuff to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prayer group does sound awesome! It seems there are so few groups, etc... for "young" people in the parishes around me. A few years ago, a group was started by the Missionary Servants at a retreat center near me. One of the women who spearheaded it was discerning her vocation to sisterhood and eventually left the center so she could fully enter the process... and a married couple who was also instrumental moved halfway across the country around the same time, so it just sort of fell apart. There wasn't much involvement, which is too bad. We met once or twice a month and had some really nice discussions and prayers. It's great to hear that such groups exist though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the prayer group... I agree that generally it's hard to find a group like this around. This is really too bad since so many young adults are hungry for this kind of fellowship!

    My friend and I actually started this group since we both wanted a prayer group and couldn't find one. I totally suggest that you begin one! Even if you have just a few people (our first meeting there was 4 of us.) We're keeping it very simple - people can come whenever they'd like and we're taking turns leading the group.

    I remembered all of you in my prayers that night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! your surgery is so close! I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep praying as your surgery approaches... for the insurance, too! (That can give you so much peace of mind, knowing it has gone through.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will include you in my prayers as well. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete