Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

Being the PEST that I am, I called the scheduler first thing this morning to see if she was able to speak with both Dr. L and Dr. A (as she had said she would.) She basically said, "I just got in and havent seen them yet." Ha ha ha... although she had spoken with both yesterday afternoon.

Dr. L herself called me back about an hour ago to say that she is confident the insurance approval will come through quickly and we should be good to go for Thursday, Dec 4th. Although for paperwork sake, they are going to put Dr. A on the forms so they can start that hospital paperwork now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes according to plan. Although if it doesn't, I have more peace today about waiting longer for Dr. L. While I am soooo anxious to have this done, I also don't want to waste my time by not doing it properly.

So I must confess, I'm getting a little freaked out by Sew Infertile's posts and all the comments. Until now, I haven't heard any of the pre-surgery details. Is there anything else I should be aware of??? If I stick with Thurs, Dec 4th I will probably just take-off work on Thursday and Friday. Would I also need the day-before to get ready? Any advice is appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you must be scared to death after reading all of our comments!! Seriously, the bowel preps the worst part and that even is doable. Its just NOT fun and at times you might feel discomfort but it feels like an upset stomach like you ate something bad in Mexico or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a lot better about the situation! I'm so glad. I'll keep it in my prayers, of course.

    I might be in the minority, but that wasn't a big deal for me at all. All I had to do was do an enema the night before and honestly, the fear of doing it was worse than the actual process and outcome. But again, from what I'm hearing, I was lucky! Hopefully your body will react like mine did - not much at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My surgery was worse then everyone else's because of my bowel reconstruction. Basically they had to remove 2 parts of my narrowed intestine in two different places, remove my appendix because it had enod, remove enod from the colon, and remove a lot of endo behind he bladder and everywhere else where it was scattered. The dr. did mention that was a possibility but didn't think it would be necessary. My intestin and ovaries were stuck to my uterus as well. Who would have known. So that is why mine was not just a laparoscopy and I am in here 5 days longer than a regular lap surgery. In my case the bowel prep was the easiest part! :) You will be fine and we will all be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really not that bad. Don't worry! And it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete