I spoke with my doctor's office this afternoon and thankfully it doesn't sound like my cycle date will be a problem for the surgery - yay! So far, so good. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the insurance paperwork comes through for Dr. L. As of now, we're set to go for December 4th. I got a phone call today from the hospital to schedule a "phone date" with one of their nurses. She is going to call me next Monday afternoon to discuss my surgery preparations. I'm not quite sure what to expect...
On a different note, my friend Susan from graduate school passed away last night. I had mentioned her in an earlier post - she had been in a coma since late October. It was all so sudden and such a shock. She went from being perfectly healthy to gone in less than a month. I was not close to her and I hadn't seen her in a couple of years. But times like this make you reflect on the fragility of life... we take so much for granted! We know not the day or the hour when our life will end. Even when times are difficult, we should be grateful for the gift of life and the gift of another day. I pray that I might have this spirit of gratefulness!
Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord.
And may perpetual light shine upon her.
May the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Amen.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I got bad news myself today about my grandma... not sure how much longer she'll be around :(
ReplyDeleteYou're right, life is fragile. We should live every day as if it's our last.
God bless!
I am so very sorry for your friend. Will remember her in my prayers. Thank you for this reminder that each day is truly a gift.
ReplyDeleteActually, I needed that reminder today.
I'm not big on, "Let's think about how much worse other people have it." I don't think that is the right way to deal with our own struggles.
ReplyDeleteBUT, I do think that having a bit of a reality check helps keep perspective on our lives...