Monday, November 3, 2008

Give me strength...

So I found out today that one of my co-workers is pregnant. It's interesting because it didn't affect me quite as much as I thought it would. Perhaps it's because I was literally running through the faculty room and I overheard her telling people while I was on my way to class. I also had a really busy day, so I haven't have a ton of time to process.

It's always difficult to see pregnant women... strangers in the store, people in church, close friends, etc. But nothing is quite as challenging as watching someone go through the entire nine months on a daily basis. Even though I'm not super close with this co-worker, it's still the idea that I will be hearing about it and experiencing it for the rest of the school year.

My school is pretty small and like many school settings it's mostly all women. In my three years there at least one woman has been pregnant each year. It's strange now to look back to when I heard their "news" and wished it was my news.... many of these women aren't even at my school anymore, and of course I'm still here waiting.

I can't help but think how different my life would be if I would have been pregnant one, two or three years ago. No good can come from playing the "what if"game. So I will simply have to pray for wisdom and grace to accept things as they are.

Speaking of praying... if you are interested in praying together in adoration, I think we're going to try the first Wednesday of the month between 6-7pm. That means we would start this week. :) Again, if adoration isn't your thing - feel free to pray from wherever you are. Being united in prayer is so powerful. I'm really excited about this!

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea! I will be there! :) I am so excited!!!!!! It will be amazing to see how God works though us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does everyone know about this? I haven't seen anyone comment! Am I being pushy? I am thinking maybe we should do the 2nd Wednesday if they don't know?? :)

    ReplyDelete