Did anyone make it adoration yesterday evening? Or say some prayers at home? Just curious if the first Wednesday of the month was a good choice! We can pick another night if it works better for more people... just let me know!
My quiet time with the Lord was wonderful. It was very peaceful and I was glad to just be in His presence. My offering was that God's will be done in all our lives - whatever that may be. Towards the end of my time in prayer I had a "mini-revelation." I don't know if I can really explain it, especially since it's nothing too amazing! But the phrase that came to my mind was, "It's all about You." (you being God, of course.)
I was reflecting on how often I am filled with prayer intentions (which are great!), sometimes prayers of thanksgiving and every once in awhile prayers of penance. But I'm not so great at prayers of adoration or praise on a regular basis. It's not until I'm silent before the Blessed Sacrament that I remember to simply praise God for being God. Period. Nothing else.
Our whole existence is about getting to heaven to be with God. Everything in our lives should be about that - about Him. But of course we are not perfect, and naturally we get caught up in the grind our daily lives and in the happenings of the world around us.
It's not easy to reach that ideal balance - being in the world, but not of the world. Being active (doing God's work in the world He gave us) and reflective (being quiet and alone with Him.) I am really going to try to have more silent prayer and meditation. This is sooooo difficult for me! But there is nothing like it - that total peace and surrender when you simply rest in the arms of the Lord.
On a practical note, I will be calling my doctor's office today! I really, really hope that my surgery date has been confirmed.
You are going to KILL ME! My flesh is so weak! I did not go to adoration because the doctor called and then I got so excited and called my family, friends, close relatives, aquaintances, to tell that SEE, my IF is not in my head! No seariously, all jokes aside, I did pray for you and everyone else, but I failed at making time before God. Forgive me! Next time I promise! :)I did email you with good intentions! AHHHH :)
ReplyDeleteI wasn't able to do this last night but I will really try and do it next time! Keep letting us know in advance when you're going to do it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad the time you spent there was blessed! "It's all about you"...yes, Lord it is!
sorry. I wasn't able to, had previous errands to run, but i prayed for a bit before i went to bed!!
ReplyDeleteNext time for sure.