Well not until tomorrow morning. But I wanted to post quickly.
The car is mostly packed - we will put in all the last-minute stuff tomorrow morning. We are hoping to leave shortly after Tommy wakes. He's been waking up around 5:15am, so we will probably hit the road pretty early.
The plan is to do most of the driving tomorrow and the rest Saturday morning. We should arrive mid-day and we are meeting the birthmother at 2:00pm. Sunday we will get settled into the hotel room (we are staying in a suite-type room with a little kitchen.) Monday morning is the delivery date! Her c-section is scheduled for sometime that morning.
We spoke with our attorney yesterday for the first time to discuss the issues that have come up with the birthfather. Unfortunately it was pretty disheartening to hear all the "worst case scenarios" but I know that it's his job to inform us. We feel called to pursue this adoption and hope and pray she will be ours forever!
Thank you again for all the prayers. We truly appreciate them and really need you to keep praying!
G, we are SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! (I just read today and yesterday at once, the suitcase pic was awesome.) I will get my mom's prayer group on it (they meet on Tuesdays so she'll be brand new!)
ReplyDeleteI CAN'T WAIT FOR PICS AND A NAME ANNOUNCEMENT!!! :) :) :)
Seriously, we send our love and blessings for a good trip, beautiful bonding time, and all the powerful graces necessary to smooth out the paternal rights issues and to assist the birthmother in a most selfless task (I choked up at your comment about the birth moms a few posts back). Your story gives God glory (didn't mean to rhyme) in so many ways.
Oh how exciting G! I'll be praying my heart out that all goes smoothly! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteEeek! So excited!
ReplyDeletePrayers for sure!
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers!
ReplyDeleteExcited for your family. Hoping your travels go well and we get to meet your family of FOUR!!
ReplyDeleteYou are already on the road!! YEAH!
Prayers that everything work out for you.
ReplyDeletePRAYING!!!!!!! How exciting! I am truly hopeful that this will all work out and you'll bring that baby home. Count on my prayer.
ReplyDelete