Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NICU

Unfortunately Molly has been admitted to the NICU for withdrawal. (I posted an update last night but took it down because the details kept changing.)

The good news is that her long term prognosis is good. In the short term we will be here in the hospital for two or more weeks. Definitely not what we were expecting!

All the paperwork was signed this morning by the birthmother and we had a good talk with the lawyer about the birthfather situation.

Please keep us all in your prayers - for Molly's health as her little body goes through this process and for our legal battle in the upcoming months regarding the birthfather.

Obviously we were not expecting any of these bumps in the road, but we are so in love with this little girl and just want to take her home!

Mary, Queen of Heaven, pray for us.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the unexpected 2 week NICU stay. :( Poor baby. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope that she recovers quickly ... maybe your stay could be shorter? I'm glad her outlook is a good one in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do understand what you are going through. It is one of the hardest things in the world for a mother to go through...seeing her tiny baby fighting a battle that she should NOT have to fight!!

    Praying for your whole family during this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor sweet baby. Prayers for her health and the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just breaks my heart seeing these little ones go through this struggle. So not fair. I'm so sorry Molly has to go through this. I know it's rough I've taken care of many babies in this situation. Praying she eats and sleeps well and has low scores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are going through all of this but don't forget that God is 100% in control. Our long wait in California for Anthony was filled with a lot of anxiety and stress and the only thing that helped me was giving up control. Molly is loved by so many people and we are going to pray her home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for little Molly and the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying! Praying for you all but especially for little Molly to heal thoroughly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this. Praying she can get the best care possible and for you guys as you surrender yourselves to Gods perfect will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry! Sorry about the withdrawal and the bfather issues. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for Miss Molly and for your guys. She's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh G, it must have been so hard to see her start to get sick and so hard to have to leave her in the NICU. I am glad she is getting good care and pray for her full recovery and for a peaceful resolution with the birthfather (and his family). Lord, have mercy! Jesus wrap your loving arms around Molly. Strengthen and comfort her new parents. And guide her home with her family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, that was A from babydistrict/inallthingsgood, by the way. I am praying for y'all from San Salvador!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are going through the detox/weaning process right now as well. Well, its actually been going on since about July 29. We've been from the NICU to another more specific pediatric hospital who specializes in this process. It really is a horrible process. We are looking at at least another 2 weeks here. Prayers for you that it goes quicker!

    ReplyDelete