Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prayers

We got some sad news yesterday - my husband's uncle passed away.  He had been battling cancer for awhile and this past week we knew the end was near.  Please pray for his wife, children and grandchildren. 

I know it's tough for my hubby to be far from his family.  If we weren't in the middle of this adoption, he would have most likely traveled last week to say good-bye or this coming week for the funeral.  These are the times when the distance is a so hard.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Time continues to move very slowly for me.  I'm going a little bit crazy!  The weather was nice yesterday so Tommy and I spent some time outside and spent the afternoon at the pool. 

Last night I went to my dear friend L's house because she is graciously giving us tons of baby girl clothes and items!  Her daughter is three months old and they are finished with all the newborn stuff.  This is not the first time she has helped us out - her son is just three months older that Tommy.  Isn't that amazing?  Just one of the many coincidences surrounding this adoption. 

Another one involves my parents.  When Tommy was born, they had already scheduled a trip to visit us in late-May - which was just two weeks after his birth.  The same thing has happened again!  They will be on the East Coast for the USC-Syracuse game,  I was planning to meet them in NYC for the game and then we would travel back to my house together and they would stay for a week.  Obviously I will miss the game, but they will still come visit and meet the baby just a few weeks after she is born.  Crazy!

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and take things one step at a time. But I couldn't resist buying these shirts:

We have every reason to be hopeful that this adoption will go through, but I can't help guarding my heart.  We are going through all the motions, but it still feels completely unreal and it's hard to feel  excited - if that makes sense.  I'm still keeping all my emotions at a distance. 

Thank you again for all the prayers.  I would be so grateful if you could keep them up!

St. Maximilian Kolbe, pray for us.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss in your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    I hope your travels here go well. I REALLY want to meet up with you and meet Tommy and his new little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirts are so cute! I can't wait to see your precious little ones wearing them! I am sorry to hear about your husband's uncle. New life and death, they often seem to be intertwined I find. I will pray for the repose of his soul and that the rest of your time before meeting the baby is blessed and filled with lots of graces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE shirts!!! I'll be keeping up the prayers for you and for a smooth adoption. Just a few more days!!! :)
    I love all the adoption coincidences!
    Prayers going up for your DH's uncle. I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much! I am praying for a smooth adoption. I am sorry to read about your husband's uncle. Hang in there. God is in control of all this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shirts! Holding you close in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shirts! Praying for your husband, his uncle and family.

    ReplyDelete