Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Potential Problem

Unfortunately I got a call from our social worker yesterday that there is a potential problem with the adoption. This is exactly what I did not want to hear.

Our agency believed that the birthfather's parental rights had been terminated, but they have not been. He had 30 days to respond (that time frame was mid-June to mid-July) and apparently he responded but the paperwork didn't get to the agency attorney until YESTERDAY.

At this point it's very unclear what his intentions are: is he contesting paternity? is he contesting the adoption?

I got this call around 5pm last night and I still haven't heard what the birthmother's reaction is to all of this. I'm on pins and needles to say the least.

I have no idea how to feel about this - right now it's unclear how big of a problem this might be - so of course I'm fearing the worst.

If you could please offer any prayers on our behalf I would be so grateful.

St. Dominic, pray for us.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

18 comments:

  1. UGH. So sorry. I hope this all works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach lurched when I read this, but it sounds like your agency/attorneys are all over this. Trust in that. In the mean time, I'm sending up big prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, praying praying praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! Praying, praying, praying!!!
    Hang in there! It's not over yet. God will watch over you.
    I hate sticky birth father situations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can they not know what his response was if he did, indeed, respond? That seems weird. Praying it will work out in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot imagine the roller coaster! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying so so so hard!


    Dear St. Joseph, foster father of Our Lord, please protect this little girl and bring her safely home to her forever family, chosen for her by your beloved Son. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am stressed out for you! Praying all goes well and that you get the good news that all is clear to proceed soon!! It is better this came to light now, rather than after the birth.

    We have had to deal with this 2 times and actually didn't get the green flag on Isabella until she was with us for almost 3 months.

    Trust God! He will be with you no matter what!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray you get an answer one way or another quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Julie....trust in God. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I will pray that you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying! I'm so hoping that things have gotten sorted out by now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you guys. God will get you through this!

    ReplyDelete