Sunday, November 16, 2008

Help! What is going on???

I am really frustrated and confused with my cycle. I need help to analyze what is going on!

Today I woke up to a big surprise - AF arrived and it is now Day 1 of a new cycle. This means my last cycle was only 19 days!!! I have never (at least in my charting history) had a cycle this short. I had a couple of other strange occurances that led me to believe something was wrong this month... I had serious spotting on Day 10, and I don't usually have any spotting. Also, I had some decent mucus early in my cycle (Days 7-11) and then nothing afterwards. Usually I'm full of mucus all cycle long, it was strange to have none during Days 12-19.

I was a little worried last month because my cycle was only 24 days. Since April I have been taking Femara, Chrysin and Sudafed (this was to help decrease my mucus so I could better identify peak-type mucus.) My saliva test in August revealed good hormone levels and slightly longer cycles. I used to have 23-25 days, and after the drugs I was up to 26-28 days. My doc and I were so excited to see these changes and attributed it to the Femara.

When I met with Dr. L last month she suggested trying Tamoxifen for a month. She said it's similar to Clomid and she prefers using that with her patients. This is the only thing I can think of that would have an affect on my cycle. Do you think my body got all confused after being on Femara for 7 months and then I switched to Tamoxifen? Does anyone know much about this drug? Just curious how it is different.

I'm so disappointed by all this. My cycles have never been that bad, just a little short. I feel as if I've take two giant steps backwards! Could I have even ovulated in a cycle this short?

Also, Dr. L asked me last week what day of my cycle I would be on for my surgery. Now I'm worried this might cause a problem. Do you know what part of the cycle is preferable for an endo. laparoscopy? Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. I had my first lap during my period! Oh how fun that was. The second one I'd been in drug induced menopause for 3 months. I don't think it matters too much - they can still see what is going on. Sorry I'm not more help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you taken a pregnancy test?

    I tend to suspect pregnancy when there is unusual bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second lifehopes' suggestion. Just to be on the safe side, you might want to test before taking your letrozole this time. I believe that at PPVI they want the laparascopy to be early in the cycle, and definitely not after ovulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the advice and support! I am mostly worried that this will effect my surgery plans... it looks like I will be on Day 19 on December 4th. I will call my doctor's office today to see what she thinks about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would take a pregnancy test as well. Also the Femara for me, made my endo I think come full term. Meaning it started to rear it's ugly head full force after I started the Femara. I started getting real wacky etc. I wish I could be more help. My Dr. never seemed to be concerned what day I was on my cycle when I was scheduling my surgery. It was never brought up.

    ReplyDelete