Time is moving sooo sloooowly around here.
I don't know what I'm going to do all next week before we leave town on Friday morning. I'm going to try and plan out my week so that Tommy and I have some fun things to do. There's not much that we can do but pack our bags and get this show on the road.
Yesterday we had a fun family breakfast at a diner near our house which was a nice treat. Then later my hubby took Tommy to the park for a few hours and I got some good cleaning done. We were hoping to plan special fun weekend just for Tommy since this is his last weekend at home as an only child. I don't think we're going to end up doing anything out of this world, but just focusing on some quality time together.
Just like all families who transition from one to two children, I'm worried about how it will go. But I know that it will all work out and that the best gift we can give Tommy is a sibling!
I am so grateful for your prayers and ask that you please keep praying. My biggest prayer is for a change of heart for the birthfather. And that one way or another, this adoption will go through.
I've been working on putting my life in God's hands and trusting in His will. If it is meant to be...it will be....God makes things happen for all of the right reasons and at the right time.
ReplyDeleteMy dh and I had a situation last summer where a baby girl was placed in a loving home and was waiting for adoption (we were having our profile shown to the birthmother) but when the birthfather found out a baby was born...he wouldn't sign the surrenders (he was being charged with a crime) and the birthmother ended up keeping the baby. We were pretty sad about the whole situation and had to pray the baby would end up in good hands. The birthmother was very young. Lord willing, you will have a different situation and better outcomes. Tommy will make a great big brother!
Continued prayers!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll over up my frustrations this week for you! It seems like the weeks go so slowly-waiting for the weekend and for Ted to be home more-but that's nothing compared to waiting to meet your baby!
ReplyDeletePraying all goes well and that at the end of your wait, is pure JOY!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't commented before now, but I am praying for you and that the birthfather makes the right decision!
ReplyDeleteI've been praying, G. Asking God to allow this to all to work itself out! You are such a good mom to do fun things with T...what special memories you will make. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying! I've been including you in my novenas as well and will keep doing so. I can't wait for you to meet your baby!!!!!
ReplyDelete