Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tired

I'm too tired to write much of a post tonight. But more than anything I'm soooo tired of this hospital/hotel living. :(

I know that it's all worth it and a small price to pay for this sweet baby girl. But it's getting really old... cafeteria food, hotel pillows, dragging Tommy back and forth all day, running out of clean clothes, telling our story to each new nurse on duty, having no time with my hubby (we are each with the other child), leaving the hospital alone late at night, and the absolute worst is having Molly on a "leash"!!! She is connected to a bunch of wires measuring her vitals so we can't go more than 1-2 steps away from her bed.

I also spoke with our lawyer this morning and I get really anxious about our legal issues involving the birthfather. We feel good about our "case," but I don't like having all of this hanging over our heads. Especially since I know it will take months and months to resolve and finalize. Will you please pray specifically for this situation?? I would be so grateful!

Good news is that unless something unforeseen happens, she will definitely be discharged on Saturday!!! But now I'm nervous that ICPC paperwork won't be cleared yet and of course it's a holiday weekend... oh well, one thing at a time. Our dear friends from Maryland are arriving tomorrow and that will be a huge help! I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

St Augustine, pray for us.
St Monica, pray for us.

Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you! You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you. In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created. You were with me, but I was not with you. Created things kept me from you; yet if they had not been in you they would not have been at all. You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness. You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness. You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you. I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more. You touched me, and I burned for your peace.
-St Augustine's Confessions






13 comments:

  1. I have never read that prayer before. Thank you for sharing. It is so powerfully moving. I needed that right now in my spiritual journey.
    I will keep praying for all the legal obstacles to be removed my God and that He blesses your whole family with peace and joy during these months of waiting on Him. He will not forsake you. He is with you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely keeping your family in prayer! Hope you can make it home this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying that the birthfather situation is resolved with a minimum of hassle and worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We spent 24 days in the state of California with Anthony and towards the end I wanted nothing more to do with a hotel room ever again. I can only imagine the stress of a hospital room setting as well. You are in my prayers for a speedy return home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers your way. Incidentally at mass on Sunday the priest read that St Augustine quote and I loved it. Thanks again for the encore!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that y'all are out of that hotel/hospital room soon and back home with your little gal :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for discharge and the birth father.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for all birthfather issues to be resolved and that you can get out of there on Saturday and at least be away from the hospital! You can do this! You are such a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great name for a hospital! I am praying a Memorarie at least daily with your intentions in mind.

    ReplyDelete