Thursday, August 9, 2012

Adoption Update

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support.  It truly means so much to me!  I've been going crazy over here, to say the least.  There's nothing quite like infertility and adoption to teach you how to wait, surrender, guard your heart, and be completely at the mercy of another. 

At this point we are cautiously optimistic that this adoption will go through.  The birthmother is aware of the situation and wants to proceed.  The problem lies with the birthfather - and I know it's very common to have roadblocks in adoption because of terminating the birthfather's rights.   

I don't want to reveal too much information since my blog is public, so I apologize if some of this is confusing.  At this point we are waiting to learn what the birthfather's intentions are.  Best case scenario is that he signs the TPR form - either now or after the baby is born.  Worst case scenario is that he does not sign and his rights will have to be terminated in court.  This would be hard on so many levels - mostly because we would take the baby home with us and would not know for many months if the birthfathers rights have been terminated. 

I am praying that the birthfather has a conversion of heart - that he realizes what is best for the baby and makes the right decision.  (This might take a miracle.)  I'm praying for the health of the baby and for the birthmother, that she is given the strength she needs to get through this.  And I'm praying that everything goes as smoothly as possible during these next couple of weeks.  

August is full of so many great saints!  I'm calling on them big time to intercede for us during this time. 

St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein), pray for us.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

15 comments:

  1. Be strong in our Mother's arms. There are few things more gut wrenching and heart hurting than what you are willing to go through for this baby. I have been there. All the saints and angels are cheering you on! And I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you think you've had enough waiting with IF, adoption brings its own kind of waiting! Praying that everything goes smoothly - we had to wait a while before C's birthfather's rights were terminated, then we had to wait to hear from the tribes. It's tough... again, you're in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you will be the subject of many novenas and prayers. My heart goes out to you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for all the anxiety that you guys will be going through until everything is finalized. Adoptive parents are amazing! You are in my prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting, surrendering and giving up control to others is SO hard. Praying for the best case scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying. Adoption is a hard journey, but God is with you. I hope you have peace and joy these next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing a novena for the Feast of the Assumption. I am including you and your family in my intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you!!
    Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh good luck!! Prayers for it to come through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I'm curious on why the birthfather would have his rights be terminated in court? Usually a parent loses his/her rights due to abuse or neglect, and if the baby isn't born yet, the birthfather hasn't even had a chance to screw up on his parenting duties. Everything will work out in the end.

    Lena

    ReplyDelete