Yesterday we got "the call" that we have been matched with a birthmother! Ahh!
We are still in shock over here and trying to process everything. The birthmother lives in Indiana. She is scheduled for a c-section on August 20 and is having a baby girl. :)
This is how I got the news... I had a meeting at church yesterday at 2pm with the new pastor at our parish. I actually lined up a babysitter for Tommy and was planning to run a few errands after the meeting. When I got to the rectory I learned that he was out of town on vacation this week. What?! So weird since we had scheduled this a few weeks ago.
As I was leaving our social worker called (from our brand new agency) and I literally got the news while I was sitting on the steps of the church. I wrote down all the details she told me and immediately called my husband. Unfortunately he was in a meeting and couldn't answer the phone, so I texted him "We've been chosen!!! Call me back!!!"
While I was waiting for him to call me back I went inside the church and sat there completely stunned. I kept my phone in my hands waiting for him to call and I couldn't really muster any prayers other than, "Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord!" After about 10-15 minutes he called me back and I gave him all the details.
It turns out that the birthmother was previously matched with another family (in May) and just this week they had to back out because of personal family issues. She viewed a new set of profiles yesterday morning and said that as soon as she saw our album she knew we were the ones.
I was able to speak with her on the phone this morning for about 30 minutes, which was so surreal. Without getting into any details I will say that she's had a rough year and I'm amazed at how much strength she has. She is easy-going, level-headed and seems to have really thought through everything that comes along with adoption. Of course there is always a chance that she will change her mind, but we are hopeful that this is the real deal. Please pray that everything goes smoothly!
Needless to say we are overwhelmed with gratitude and still in complete shock. We are trying to think through all the specifics of traveling out of state, how long we will stay, and how we are going to adjust to having a family of four in our house. Eek!
We are not going to announce on Face.book yet, so please don't post anything there. We would be so grateful for any prayers you could offer on our behalf for this baby girl and the birthmother.
Thank you Lord for this most precious gift!!
I MY GOODNESS!!!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God!
I have been praying for this!! I can NOT wait to meet you! No matter where in Indiana you are going to be, I will come see you!!!!!!!!!! If you need a place to stay, we would LOVE to have you stay with us!!! Email me!!!!
I am sooooooo happy for you! Amazing news!!! Will keep all involved in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteLove love love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! How exciting.. Can't wait to hear more..
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Congratulations, and prayers for everyone involved!
ReplyDeleteI am so so happy for you all! I can't wait to hear all the details and meet the new little one!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Tommy will be such a good big brother. Can't wait to meet her! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Praying!!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw this coming a mile away... ;). Whenever things seem most desolate, God provides! (well... For other people, not speaking from personal experience here.).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, and remember to cherish every moment and never worry!!
Woo Hoo!!!
ReplyDeleteTears of joy over here for you!!
What a beautiful, picture perfect way of getting the news! On the doorsteps of the church?! God is so good.
Tears of joy! Yay!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :-). A little girl .... awwwww. Love it! I knew you would get picked soon and am SO happy you had a chance to talk to the birth mom!! I can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteJOYOUS NEWS!!!! Praying!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! TEARS OF HAPPINESS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!! AND INDIANA!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FOR YOU INDIANA STAY! WE HAVE A GREAT GUESTROOM!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog for a while but rarely comment. Congrats and hope everything goes smoothly!
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS AWESOME!!! we love you guys and are praying so hard for you!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord for this wonderful news!!!!!!!!! Praying extra for y'all!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my GOODNESS!!! This news made my night! We are so so happy for you guys! YAAAAYYY! Congratulations! I will be praying!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! Wonderful news!!!
ReplyDeleteYayyyyyy!!!!! I'm coming to see you too!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!! God sure does work in marvelous ways! I am like TCIE, I just had a gut feeling this was coming after your last two posts! Prayers will include this brave young woman and little girl!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!
So excited, truly amazing.
We will be praying!
Congrats! Such wonderful news for your expanding family :)
ReplyDeletePrayers! Hope! Joy! Please let us know if there is anything we can do...
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord! I am so so so very excited for you! And oh. my. gosh....this is like de ja vu...you're going to INDIANA in the middle of AUGUST to adopt a baby GIRL! Same due date too. :) It seems like just yesterday we were in your shoes. Praise God for this news! We'll continue to pray!
ReplyDeleteOhy goodness!!! Congratulations! I am so totally happy and excited for you guys!!! I will be praying!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! Great news! I will keep everyone in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThis is the best news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will keep you all in my prayers!!! Much love always!
ReplyDeletePraise God!! I will pray that this adoption goes very very smoothly!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I am just seeing this. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm a bit behind, but congrats!!!
ReplyDelete