Wednesday, May 12, 2010

He's Here!

It's K from Allyouwhohope and I couldn't be more excited to bring you this long-awaited news! Below is an email I received from Gina and Troy just minutes ago:

Well, he kept us waiting, but he is finally here! I will send more pictures later when I have access to a computer. But here are a couple from my phone.



Thomas Joseph
Born: May 12th at 3:18 p.m.
Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
Length: 20 3/4 inch

Thomas Joseph is not a family name, but we chose the name for many reasons. He can be Tommy when he is little. Thomas when he is naughty. And Tom when he goes to college and thinks he is all grown up. Notably we chose it for St. Thomas Aquinas, Doctor of the Church. St. Thomas More who is the patron saint of adopted children. Thomas Merton, the Trappist monk, whose books I was planning to enjoy next week on my now canceled silent retreat. St. Thomas the Apostle, to remind his parents to never doubt. And as a side benefit, as everything comes back to college football for us, Tom Osborne the famed Nebraska Cornhusker coach for 25 years and Tommy Trojan the USC mascot (so we are both happy). Joseph is of course the adoptive father of Jesus. He is also the patron saint of workers, people in doubt and social justice. Gina prayed to St. Joseph a lot - knowing that he trusted completely in God's plans for his family, no matter what.

We could not be happier. Everyone is healthy. 10 fingers, 10 toes and all of that. We will most likely bring him home on Thursday!

Troy and Gina

65 comments:

  1. oh my goodness praise be to God!!!

    I am crying for you over here!!! please more pics soon!!! He's beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you guys!!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you!!!! And I LOVE his name!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM CRYING IN MY CUBICLE! I love everything about him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWWWWW I love the name!!! I love the pictures
    I am sooooo thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there is a happier set of parents on planet earth at this moment than you two!!!

    I am crying! He is so perfect, as is God's plan for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears of joy here!! Oh my goodness...that first picture is worth a thousand words! Congratulations!!!!!

    Welcome little Thomas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PERFECT name!!! Beautiful family!!! What a glorious day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HE"S PERFECT!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM ALREADY!!!! LOVE THE NAME TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyond thrilled for you guys - loved the explanation of the name, and the beautiful picture of your FAMILY. Praise God for your sweet, beautiful miracle. Our Lady of Lourdes - THANK YOU for your intercession!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise Jesus!!! I love his name! Yep, I'm crying, too....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, he can be TJ, too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRAISE GOD! He's adorable. Congratulations, Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the name Thomas. Love it. Congrats, Gina. I can't wait until you tell us all about his birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh TJ, love it! Good blog name! he's beautiful! Cant' wait for stories/photos to come~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crying away and so happy for you! Prayers that everything goes wonderfully over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! Thomas Joseph sure has many a holy example to guide him on his way! Not to mention two adoring parents! So very happy for you all! Saying a prayer for the birth mother right now that she have the peace of knowing what an amazingly generous gift she has given you two!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations G&T! That baby looks great in your arms. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to the world Thomas Joseph!!! So excited for you family :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats and god bless....enjoy him with lots of hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praise the Lord! I love his name. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow. WOW. Welcome to the world, little one :).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow. WOW. Welcome to the world, little one :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have tears in my eyes!!! Congrats to all three of you!!!!

    Btw, I LOVE his name, especially his second one!!!

    YAY! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh yay yay yay yay!!!!

    congrats to little thomas - LOVE the name :)

    if ours is a boy (we find out next week!), he will be a joseph as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. He is sooooooo caaaaaaute!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!! What a beautiful name for such a beautiful boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Praise God and Congrats!!!! He was worth all the waiting..wasn't he???? You all make a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gina!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!! Praise the Lord for your perfect little guy! Crying for joy for you, mama! The miracle of Thomas' new life, the healing, the great gift -- all such amazing fruits from your Lourdes trip, I'm sure! SOOOOO amazing. Wow.

    Will write you more later since I've been reading for awhile and just haven't sent you a note yet :) -
    Love, Jenny (from JPII Institute)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, he is adorable! Congratulations - you both look so happy and I know just how you feel!! Wonderful, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is amazing! From no baby to a beautiful little boy in only a week! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  31. CONGRATULATIONS!! Hes so beautiful and im so happy that he is finally here! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful family! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations and welcome to the world little Thomas Joseph! What a beautiful first photograph of your family. We could not be happier for you!

    Love,
    Pat, Julie, and Catie D.

    ReplyDelete
  34. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am elated for you. What a beautiful baby. And being a Nebraska girl I LOVE the Husker reference!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yay!! Congratulations! I LOVE his name! He is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. He's beautiful! Extra rosaries coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  37. CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful! So incredible happy and in awe of God's plan for your family. YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am excited!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Precious, precious photos. I've been checking in on this blog for a while and was so excited about the recent news! I'm a mother to two beautiful children through adoption - what joy and happiness this little one will bring you, and what love and devotion you will give to him. God is amazing! Praying for all of you involved, especially the incredible birth mother. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a beautiful family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I too am crying and the look on Gina's face is bringing the happy tears even more!!

    Congratulations and Praise the Lord!! He is GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. He is absoultely precious!! And he's got a terrific name to boot. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You two look like pros! You are so blessed! Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm all choked up.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I got goosebumps reading your post! I know you'll love him like you've never loved before. Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Ok so now we are going to be needing some more pictures ... please:!))

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a beautiful family God has made!!!! Absolute perfection!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a testament to you and your faith in God. How beautiful that he is finally here!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So incredibly happy for you! You explanation for his name is absolutely beautiful! You are beautiful and deserve all the happiness in the world! Sending you lots of love and continued prayers :) xo Carolyn and Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  49. How Wonderful! You don't know me, but I've been watching and praying from afar and couldn't wait to see your precious son right where he belongs- in your arms! Congratulations from Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Congratulations from Switzerland!! What a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Congratulations! Great name, how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Praise the Lord! I am SO happy for you!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful FAMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. YEAH!!!!!!
    Love his name!!!!
    SOOOOOO happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Congratulations G & T and welcome to Thomas Joseph!! What a a great name --same as my brother's!! Can't wait for more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful!!! And you both look so very happy! YAY!!!

    Love the name...so much thought put into such a special little boy!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful!!! And you both look so very happy! YAY!!!

    Love the name...so much thought put into such a special little boy!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Congratulations!! I am so very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congratulations!! Great name. Thrilled and overjoyed for your miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Congratulations on your miracle baby! I love the name - such amazing SAINTS to look over this precious little one. God Bless you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congratulations! Welcome Thomas to the most wonderful set of parents! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete