Friday, May 14, 2010

Our First Day

Thankfully we have had a great first day at home with our precious little Tommy! We were released from the hospital at 5:30pm and made it home by 7:00pm last night. We fed the baby, fed ourselves and tried to get situated in the house. Everything changes having him in the house!

It wasn't a bad first night, even though I didn't sleep much. I couldn't help it! Between the feedings and changings, I was pretty nervous at every little sound he made. I know there is a huge learning curve here, so I hope to learn what all of his adorable little sounds and squeaks mean.

We had our first pediatrician appointment this morning and everything is looking great. He is healthy and still weights 8 pounds. We will go back next week for the second visit.

I continue to be overwhelmed by the generosity of our family and friends. We have received packages in the mail (including a sweet gift from this blogger) and delicious meals from friends. We are so grateful for all the love and support.

It's such a gift that my hubby and I can both be home during these unforgettable days. The only schedule that matters is when Tommy eats, sleeps and poops. ;) It's amazing how nothing else matters.

Here are a few pictures...





The happy family at home


Meeting his friend Luke

Our little Maryland crab

Snuggling is the best!

42 comments:

  1. So precious! You make a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That warms my heart. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From barren to motherhood in 60 seconds! :)

    Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and everything was so worth all of this right here!!! EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot tell you how happy I am for you guys!! What glorious news that there's a new family in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you three! Love your new schedule, enjoy every moment of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so so sweet! Enjoy it goes by fast! (I bet EVERYone is saying that to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and you are so right, nothing matters right now but him and being a family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh beautiful! we are MD natives so that crab outfit is EXTRA cute :)

    congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it G! I continue to be amazed at how perfectly God's plan played out for your family! Hugs and kisses to you and that adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so precious. Those pics cheered me right up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a natural! Love the Maryland crab outfit!!!!! Makes me miss Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a MOM! I'm still in shock.

    On a totally unrelated note, the nurse washing his hair looks like she's wearing my bed sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh G he is SO precious and beautiful! Look at those cheeks and hair! Oh I love him already!

    Congratulations again!!!!

    xoxo, LH:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful! Smiling here...big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is gorgeous!! You look so content. Isn't it a wonderful feeling??!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you are posting even after being home for such a little amount of time! Thanks for letting us live through you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He really is BEAUTIFUL!!! And you are stunning. You absolutely scream Mother! A natural... I love the way he is just cuddled into you in that last picture.

    Oh, and Ann had her baby this morning at 2am! A little girl....

    Lots of love, sweetie... thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow wow wow!! Amazing.
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWWW!!! He is SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
    SO happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in tears right now. I love the pictures, and I am so happy for you guys! You make a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, he's so handsome!Congratulations again! Enjoy these days and your son. And God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. He is too cute! You look soo happy. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, he is so beautiful! And all that hair!
    So good to hear how you're doing :).

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the best post ever!!! Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How wonderful!!!! I'm so happy that the three of you are home!!!

    Keep posting those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am glad you are settling in! Life will never be the same, in a good way! He is adorable! He looks so healthy and chubby already. A lot of newborns have to bulk up over the first few weeks. I think you may have a chunker on your hands, nothing better to reassure a worrying mom that your baby is eating well. It sounds like you have already passed the hurdle of getting the GI system going, that is so important for jaundice. The advice everyone gives is sleep when they sleep during the day too and it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so happy you posted- I have been praying everything went well!! The pictures are great- my favorite is the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So glad to see pictures. It is an amazing sight! Such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That snuggling picture is priceless! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a handsome guy he is! Love the Maryland crab pic! :) Oh, so happy for you all! Drink it all in. This is your BABYMOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So precious - enjoy your babymoon and keep the adorable pictures coming, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  33. He is just so cute! Many prayers your way for a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful family! Just Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So absolutely amazing and beautiful! What a beautiful family. Enjoy every. single. second!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. that last picture is my favorite, although the naked baby bum is a close second ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I feel like I'm there with you!! I'm so happy for you. Tommy is beautiful, as is his new mother!

    ReplyDelete
  38. PS--What is it about baby butts that makes me smile? I don't know. But his little tush is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm dying to see how the rest of the days are going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. what an absolutely beautiful family you have! you both are radiating joy and happiness, and I am soooo thrilled this came through for you and your little Tommy came :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations! That is really just lovely! He is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete