Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update

I just got off the phone with the social worker... the birthmother is dilated to 3 cm and they gave her a cervix-softener to help move things along. Right now the plan is to start pitocin tomorrow morning. They think it's likely she will deliver naturally sometime tomorrow.

The SW will call us in the morning and keep us posted as things progress. The birthmother wants us to be in the delivery room and be the first ones to hold him!! I was so thrilled to hear that's what she wanted! We will have full access to him in the nursery, so I think we will get a hotel room right near the hospital. I'm still in disbelief at all of this.

I truly can't thank you enough for your prayers!! I have never experienced the power of prayer in such an incredible way. Thank you again!

Here are a few pics from our day today...
Can you tell we've been doing a lot of nesting and spring cleaning?

We picked up two more pieces of furniture for the nursery:
A toy box that will also be a night-stand near the glider

And shelves for the closet

Our bags are packed and we're ready to go as soon as she calls! Looks like this baby will be born on 5-12-10. Did anyone guess that date?? It's also my brother's birthday!

20 comments:

  1. Yay! Praying and frantically checking for updates tomorrow :) Can't wait until you have that brand new baby in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!! Can't wait to hear the big news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO COOL she wants you to be there and hold him first! how incredible for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that she wants you to be the first to hold him!!! Can't wait for tomorrow! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, it's happening! Will you even sleep a wink tonight? :) God bless you during this most grace-filled time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. G-your LAST night without a baby in your house.
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I left adoration tonight with such a sense of trust and peace for you. I really did. God knows what he is doing.

    And the birthmom wants you in the room!? OH my goodness. I will be praying for her peace and your joy.
    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! My husband and I were in the delivery room for my 2nd daughter's birth, and it was amazing! Absolutely miraculous. Our birthmom also wanted us to hold her first. I know just how you will be feeling, and it is so, so wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

    I'm not sure I'd wait for phone calls though...things can progress really fast. You may just want to be at the hospital. You'll be waiting anyway, right? Might as well wait nearer to your new baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT news!!! Up late organizing my brain and decided to check before hitting the hay - so glad I did! So great to get to give you guys hugs tonight...again, it's so clear you are going to be the BEST parents!!! Enjoy every second of receiving that amazing new life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is all so wonderful! I am so happy for you! I think I'd be close to the hospital, too. Waiting in the wings for your little one's birth! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today is going to be an amazing day. How cool that he will share a birthday with your brother!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5/12 is a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for you! I think it's really cool she wants you to be there- have fun!! :) Will be praying everything goes smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How utterly exciting that she wants you to be in the delivery room! Many prayers for you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting! A nightstand is a great idea as you will have it piled high with things in reach for awhile. Poor dh will be a go for a lot, but it is a huge way he can help :) I wanted to tell you pitocin is a really hard drug, so lots of appreciation for birthmom. It makes the labor go to 100 with no in between, so I hope someone warned her better than me. I felt like a failure-kept saying, I can't believe I didn't think it was going to hurt like this. There was just no buildup, it all came at once. But it is necessary sometimes and so I am grateful for it. She gets extra BM love for that :) That is so awesome she wants you to hold the baby first. What a wonderful blessing! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great great news! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've tried to leave this comment three times already, stupid blogger!

    I'm so glad you get to be there when he's born and get to hold him right away! That's great news :).
    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow, what wonderful news that you will be the first to hold your little one!!

    That sweet little cry was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my whole life ... I am 100% sure I wouldn't have been more overcome with love had it been my own biological child. It just isn't possible.

    This little boy is going to be so blessed to have you and T as parents and he will fill your life with so much love and joy that you didn't even realize was possible.

    I do hope and pray this is finally the DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's Wednesday morning!! I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete