Monday, May 10, 2010

The Waiting Game

It's hard to believe that almost a week ago we were chosen by the birthmother and thought the baby boy would be arriving the very next day! What a wild roller-coaster this week has been. I am grateful for the extra time to get ready, but at this point we are so ready to meet the little guy!

I ended up spending 6 hours at school today. I helped with the play rehearsal and put together plans for the teachers who are covering my classes. It's all still so strange and surreal. I have gone through so many different emotions... I've been in shock, numb, excited, nervous, emotional and exhausted. As I said, it's been nice to have the extra days to prepare our hearts, minds and home for this baby. But it's a bit of a let-down to wait for his arrival after thinking it would be so quick!

Like all things, it's in God's hands and God's timing. And as my friend told me today, "The Blessed Mother is all over it!" I couldn't agree more! We have been so covered in prayer - I know this is what has gotten us through the chaos of this past week. Even though I am still nervous that something might go wrong with the adoption, I also have a great sense of peace that this is the answer to our prayers.

I can't say thank-you enough to everyone for all the love, support, prayers and encouragement during this time. I'm so glad that so many people are sharing this journey with us!

The latest news I have received is that the birthmother will be induced (again!) tomorrow. I would imagine that a c-section will be done if she doesn't progress again, but who knows!? At this point I'm tired of guessing when the baby will arrive.

Please keep praying - especially for the birthmother, that she has a healthy delivery and recovery and that the Lord fills her heart with peace. Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. I'll be continuing to keep you guys in my prayers! I'll be driving to my parents tomorrow, but maybe I'll call G during the drive and have him check the computer for news, haha! I hope it's tomorrow! Get a good night's rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I am so happy for u and your family! Please keep us posted- we are anxiously awaiting some pics and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! I am so excited and can't WAIT to hear when he finally arrives! I thought of you often at CUMC because there is a picture on the wall in the hallway that bears your blog verse!! I will be checking the blog nonstop tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray! I'm so excited about the birth of your baby boy, I can't imagine how you're feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a good night's rest tonight. It sounds like this baby will be delivered within the next 24 hours one way or another. God is never short on opportunities to help us exercise patience and total/complete abandonment to His will, is He?

    So excited for you and will be stalking your blog all day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog stalking to begin again in earnest, tomorrow morning!!! :)

    Baby Boy, you have a lot of people rooting for you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't imagine how exhausting this wait must be! Hoping things go quickly tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers. The wait must be so exhausting like callmemama said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely be praying! I can't WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I hope tomorrow is the big day!!! Can't wait for the big announcement!

    By the way, how does inducing work? I naively thought if you were induced, labor had to follow or they'd go to a c-section. But clearly I don't know anything about child birth!

    And GIMH, I'll text you if I hear anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh, and I woke up to some fabbo contractions this morning too!
    Wheeee, I hope today is the day for BOTH of us!
    I have my prayer intentions list and am offering everything up for you guys and your situations. Anyone else who has a prayer request, fire way to wardniner@gmail.com.

    Karey, the Reader's Digest version is that it depends on how they induce. If they use Cervidil or even Pit and your body is not ready, you will NOT go into labor (unless they force it by giving you so much Pit it's dangerous), and many times, you'll get sent home.
    My midwives won't really induce without making sure your cervix is ready. A ready cervix means a high success rate with induction.
    However!
    If they break the bag of waters, that's it. Baby within 24 hours or infection could set in. A very, very bad way to induce if Mom/Baby is not ready - leads to a LOT of C Section.

    Oh, bonus, after the bag is broken, labor is much more painful as there's no cushion between baby's skull and your innards. Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh boy I know, I think of you all the time and know your anxiety has to be through the roof. After the announcement last week no one could imagine you'd still be waiting!

    But...today is the day. And an amazing day it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still praying for all! Cant wait to hear of his arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you guys and the birthmother today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you and birthmom and baby and hoping for a birth announcement soon!

    ReplyDelete