Monday, May 24, 2010

This n That **Updated

I have been meaning to post sooner, but the time keeps getting away from me! I love spending my days taking care of Tommy and reality is slowly sinking in that he is our son and that we are parents. Seriously, how did this happen? It has been such a whirlwind.

My parents arrived last Wednesday evening so I have been busy spending time with them. Unfortunately my mom slipped on our stairs and sprained her ankle pretty badly on Friday night. She has been on crutches and keeping her foot elevated ever since. Needless to say this week has been very different than we had planned. Thankfully she saw a doctor today and is walking around with a boot cast. I know she wishes she could have been doing more around the house this week, but I'm just glad they are here. It's been wonderful to watch them become grandparents for the first time.

Here are a few pictures from the past couple of days.

The teens at youth group got this huge puppy for Tommy!

Grandpa

Grandma

Baby toes

Today I had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Stegman - it was the follow-up to my March appointment and I was supposed to get the results of my hormone panel. Because of all that has been going on this past week I decided to cancel the appointment. I would have had to make the 2.5 hour drive up and back by myself and I was just too exhausted after everything that has been going on.

Believe it or not I was finishing up the hormone panel during all the adoption craziness. I'm glad that I was able to complete it because I would hate to have to start over. I'm curious about the results, but I know that I have a bit more flexibility with my schedule now that I'm not teaching. Hopefully I can re-schedule soon and hear what Dr. S has to say. I don't feel as much pressure to schedule surgery as I did before Tommy arrived. I think we will see what happens in 2010 and then possibly think about it in 2011.

One of the best things that happened this weekend was a visit from All You Who Hope!! It was sooooo wonderful to see K, R and little Clara. We love hanging out with them and look forward to Clara and Tommy growing up as friends. They brought Tommy two sweet gifts - some wall hangings for the nursery and a beautiful little children's book about adoption. I got teary eyed just reading one page, so I haven't gone through it yet. Thank you for visiting us! We can't wait to hang out again.

I am still overwhelmed by the power of these blogs... the incredible friendships formed and the deep prayer shared. I would have never dreamed this was possible.

Here are a few pics from their visit. (I couldn't get my video to upload, but you can see K's here.)



Blogger Husbands

Blogger Babies

14 comments:

  1. Hey, my mom's in a boot cast, too! She tripped over the kindergate my sister had set up for her puppy. (Glad to see there is still something to talk about from across the parent-gap - :) )
    The pictures are great, though. So happy you are settling in.
    xhedwig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry about your mom's accident! But what a blessing to have them in town!

    The pictures are like a dream! Who would have thought there would be a picture like that, with these two blogger families, even six months ago? God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the pics coming! You all are so darn adorable. Congrats again! If you visit Nebraska this summer let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures and love that you are having so much fun with Tommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your parents were able to come to town - that is a bummer about your Mom! Love the pics. Your husbands look alike in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures- I can't wait for the next round!! Congrats again- it looks like you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. btw I'm super curious to see your b/w too! He won't let you see it until you go?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures! It's great that you were able to see each other. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of Tommy and your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update! How great to have your parents visit! Too bad for your Mom's ankle :(

    Tommy is so lucky to have little friends like Clara so close by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sorry to hear about your mom's injury! I hope she can recover soon!

    I am still amazed at all of these miracles as of late. It really warms my heart to see all these beautiful pics on your blog! Little Tommy is such a blessing not only to you and T but also to all of us!

    I cannot wait to meet him in person! (hopefully soon)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about your mom's ankle. It's great that they could come out. The pictures are adorable and your husbands do look so similar.

    ReplyDelete