Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Riding the Rollercoaster

Soooooo, the birthmother was sent home! Are you kidding me? She's not progressing at all so the doctor told her to go home. (I feel like I've received a lot of conflicting information today.) It's also very confusing to me because I never heard why she was being induced in the first place.

The good news is that she is healthy and the baby is healthy. The doctor hopes she will go naturally over the next couple of days. He won't examine her again until Saturday and he will do a c-section next Tuesday if she hasn't delivered yet.

Ahhhh!!! I don't know what to think! More waiting...

19 comments:

  1. Ay ay ay! Well at least you have a minute to breathe now and let things sink in. What a whirlwind the past 24 hrs have been!!

    Will continue praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I don't know if the rest of us can handle the suspense! :) Still praying, still hoping, and can't wait to see the plans that the Lord has for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a deep breath, let it all sink in... and know that your beautiful baby boy is on his way! We all cannot wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fellow blog stalker...I've been following and finally started actually commenting! I wanted to say congrats!! I'll def. keep you guys in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a day! I'm sorry you have to keep waiting, but hopefully her labor will progress and you'll get to meet your son soon!
    Is there anything any of us local gals can do in the meantime? I feel like I should be doing something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a rollercoaster! But...everyone is healthy and that is what matters. And a few more days to prepare would not be a bad thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh! I don't know anything about labor, but is there a chance she could go sooner? I hope she does so you don't have to wait any longer! Just continue to trust in God in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll be praying! Does this give Grandma and Grandpa time to fly in from California now? I hope so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rollercoaster is right! Geez! Try to get some SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow.
    Hope he comes home to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll pray for patience for you!!!! I can't believe that she was sent home!!!

    I agree with TCIE! What a crazy 24 hours it has been!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It definitely happens! My SIL was induced only to be sent home. Birth mom may have been induced just b/c she was ready and the doctor was willing but then her body didn't cooperate with the early induction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If they can't get her cervix to cooperate with drugs like Cervidil or Cytotec or if the baby's head hasn't dropped into position--if it's still floating and engaged against the cervix--there's not much they can do to "force" labor. Pitocin only works if her cervix is at least somewhat responsive. She's probably not quite at her due date yet and this sometimes is just nature's/baby's way of saying gimme a little more time!"

    It's ok, G! This may actually be a huge blessing--to give you time to let all the events of the last 24 hours sink in. Her body will kick in when it's ready and at the very least, you have Tuesday to look forward to!

    I know it's easy for me to say this, but take a moment and breathe...survey the incredible items you just bought today at Target (OMG!! You have a rear-facing car seat in your car!!!) and get some sleep.

    We're praying you through this. Hugs and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto what Mrs. Mike said. Try to take this time to relax, and pray...for your baby, his birthmother, and beg for more grace for yourself and your husband. You're about to be parents!!

    Rejoicing (anxiously) with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sure you are feeling a bit frustrated, but I do beleive that there must be a reason it's not time yet. That little boy will make his appearance at the right time! I will be praying in the meantime for you.

    Remember God knows the plans He has and it is for all of your welfare, not for your woe!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yea I watched a TLC show on induction yesterday, if the baby isn't ready and in position then induction wont' work. When is the actual DD?

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wash those clothes lady!!! :) In God's perfect timing!!!

    I"M DYING TO HEAR THE NAME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be frustrating to me too! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found you over on Kristen's blog. Congratulations on your little one's impending arrival! Will be praying for you, baby, baby's birth mother and the doctors. Get as much rest as you can now!

    ReplyDelete