Nothing to report over here. Birthmother is still at home, feeling some contractions, and just waiting for labor to begin!
We have spent the day doing more preparations... we bought a crib and changing table. Ahh!! My hubby is going to start putting them together tonight. We're also getting the car seat inspected tonight. Gotta be safe!
I am SO OVERWHELMED by the outpouring of love and support we are receiving. I already knew that we had the world's greatest family and friends. But they are really pulling together to help us and this little baby.
I know that I will need a lot of help in the days, weeks and months to come. Thank you Lord for the gift of these amazing people!
I made it to Mass this morning and reflected on yesterday's readings. A friend of my hubby's sent him an email yesterday saying that he thought of us when he was reading the Scripture passages. The Gospel was from John 15:
Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing... If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified.
It took my breath away to read this passage. I am still very nervous about the labor, delivery and adoption. But it brought me so much peace to know that if I simply remain in the Lord, I trust that He will take care of the rest.
Please keep praying for us!!
Beautiful! We're still praying for you guys, bmom, & baby boy.
ReplyDeleteYes praying big time here!
ReplyDeletePraying for all of you and hoping there's so progress soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been MIA and haven't yet congratulated you - congrats!!! Our family is so excited for you and praying hard that everything goes well. So exciting!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I read your bible verse (from your blog title) to my son last night and we (meaning my hubby and me) both started crying! It's such a beautiful promise from our good Lord. Thank you!
So exciting that you got a crib! Wow! You will have to post pictures :) Praying for all involved!
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about you all day...your head must be positively spinning. I love when scripture jumps out at you and, well...the same old familiar (to me, not you) becomes REAL suddenly. :)
ReplyDeleteWe're continuing to lift you up in prayer!
So excited for you!!! post pics Momma!!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are holding together quite well for this coming at you so fast! I continue to pray for you and think about you guys!! This will be the best week of your life!
ReplyDeletei feel like a stalker, as many times as i come to your page!
ReplyDeletepraying for all of you.
Still praying!!!!
ReplyDeleteyah for having a crib and changing table in your house! Will continue to pray, God will cover you all in graces!
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome passage.... and very true!! Prayers heading your way! Can't wait to hear more news!
ReplyDeleteoh honey, I'm sure you are feeling a myriad of emotions...how could you not be?
ReplyDeletePraying for ALL of you and thinking of you constantly.
So very thrilled for you....
Praying! These few days of patience and anxiety will be forgotten during a lifetime of precious moments with your child.
ReplyDeleteWow. You have a CRIB. IN YOUR HOUSE. Wow!
ReplyDeletePraying that everything goes smoothly and that the birthmom goes into labor soon!