I debated whether or not to post about this yet... but I decided that I would be posting about it one way or the other, so why not now??
Our agency contacted us on Thursday saying that a birthmother had seen our photo album, read our letter and was very interested in meeting us. After looking through all the waiting couples she narrowed it down to two - us and another couple. We are meeting with her on Tuesday night. Hopefully she will decide on Wednesday.
Then she will be induced on Thursday morning to deliver a baby boy! Are you kidding me? This is so crazy. Surreal. Unbelievable. I have been in a fog since Thursday afternoon. I don't know the medical requirements for shock - but I'm pretty sure that I'm a textbook case right now.
My mind literally cannot process this information. There is a very real chance that we will become parents next week. And yet there is a very real chance that we won't. We are riding a roller-coaster and I have no clue how it will end.
Do we run around and buy a ton of baby stuff? Do I tell my employers? Should my mom book a plane ticket? How will my students perform the play we have been rehearsing for months if I leave them during the last (and most crucial) week? Is next week my last week as a teacher? After all these years of waiting, am I actually ready for this?
I have absolutely no control over the situation. It is in the hands of this birthmother - and in the hands of the Lord. I truly believe that if this is meant to be, it will work out. And if it's not meant to be, then it won't.
This doesn't mean I won't be incredibly disappointed. But I do have a sense of peace that it will be God's plan.
Once again, I am left waiting... praying... hoping... surrendering... and saying, Jesus I trust in You.
WHAT!!!???
ReplyDeleteSo excting! If she chooses you do NOT worry about that other stuff...that stuff doesn't have eternal consequences...but a newborn little soul...oh what a gift.
I am praying, big time!
And you know what, even if she doesn't choose you, well your time IS coming...so exciting...
how exciting! don't worry about buying stuff, all you need for the immediate time after baby is born is a car seat to go home in and some diapers.....it's all good! I'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!! It is so exciting! I will definitely be praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness! I'm so excited for you! Praying hard this is IT.
ReplyDeleteWow! I agree that you don't need to go crazy buying stuff. If she picks you, get diapers (and wipes), a carseat, and a bassinet/crib/co-sleeper for the baby to sleep in. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI think this may be my 2nd comment ever on your blog, but I do read it all the time!!
ReplyDeleteOur little family will be praying for you as you wait the news!
Many blessings!!
Thanks for sharing...either way, you need some big prayers lifted this week. Glad to be one of those pray-ers. Filled with hope, praying for peace and grace to be showered all over this situation. Praaaaaaayin!
ReplyDeleteGET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOur Lady of Fatima worked a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or did you go to Lourdes? ;) hahahaha
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!! I will be praying that this is the baby and birthmother God has been preparing for you!!
ReplyDeleteOh, wow!!!! Maybe there was something in the water at Lourdes, ha ha! Praying!!!
ReplyDeleteWowzers!
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! This is amazing! I'll be praying!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting and yet difficult. At least the wait is relatively short?! I would be going nuts right now. You are right, hard not to know so you can at least have a little time to prepare, but they are right-you really can make it on very little stuff (diaper and wipe)! I don't get the last minute BM thing, but I have been watching a little mtv 16 and preg trying to get insight. mostly on that show it is about being young, naive, and somewhat in denial.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Goodness!!! My head is spinning for you!!! Is it just me or is the Holy Spirit really moving these days?!?
ReplyDeleteDon't worry for a millisecond about baby gear...you will be amazed how quickly people will mobilize on your behalf to get you ready. Besides...there is very little you absolutely need besides a car seat. Diapers, bottles, formula and a few onesies can be obtained by a quick stop at Target on the way home. :)
Will be saying so very many prayers for you...particularly on Tuesday. I promise you--I will go to Mass and pray for you that day.
And PS...boys are SO much fun! :)
Oh my goodness! I will be praying my little heart out for you, your husband, and the birthmom and that sweet baby!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine her not choosing you both!!!
I agree with barbie, you will get all you need as time goes by. You will definitely need a carseat to bring home the baby boy though and diapering needs! I am sure you are in shock, but God will remain with you in all of your questions!! Big hugs from your advent prayer buddy!
WOW! Are you kidding me??!!! SERIOUSLY, this is an Easter miracle!! (Another one!!)
ReplyDeleteI will be praying so hard for you guys!! Just know that no matter what happens, this is a VERY good, good thing - a birthmother chose you, and you have a VERY REAL potential to become a mother in a matter of days!! Even if this is just God's way of giving you the message that yes, He is in control and He has not forgotten you, we should REJOICE in this news!!
OMGOsh... Thursday??!!!
Can't wait to stalk you all week!
Oh my GOSH! This is so stinking exciting! I can't believe all this adoption news lately! It totally blows my mind that this could happen NEXT WEEK! Wow! And I thought I was unprepared and our PBM is not due until mid July.
ReplyDeleteBut I know God (with the help of your friends and family) will get you ready in no time!
Wow, wow, wow!
I will definitely be praying. How could they not pick you, you are so sweet!
Yay!
I am right there with everyone else - so exciting! I had to come check out your blog after the comment you left :) I will be praying all week and especially for your meeting Tuesday night.
ReplyDeleteAnd take it from me - if an adoption occurs that fast, you will have baby things dropped off by the car load.
P.S. Just sent TCIE an email yesterday saying that I pray for you guys in the shower. So glad God is listening even with shampoo in my hair :)
O my goodness! Thanks for sharing such wonderful news! Will be praying 4 you - keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!!! I can't believe it! I can't wait to hear how this turns out. We will be praying so hard for you!
ReplyDeleteSo happy! Smiling from ear to ear! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't worry for a second about your play or your job...everything will work out! I had our school book fair planned the week we got E and everything fell into place thanks to the help of other teachers. Everyone will be so excited for you and will step in.
You have all my prayers that this goes the way we all hope!!! :)
sweetie I am praying for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch exciting news! Just enjoy this time and be hopeful! Do not worry what will happen to the rest of your life obligations! A child is something that will trump everything else and you will not regret letting go of everything else, even at the last minute. They will get along without you. And as for whether to get stuff ready for a baby.....if she chooses you, it will all work out even if you don't have the perfect nursery and the perfect number of onesies. Remember, Jesus was born in a stable to parents who were in the middle of a long journey!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you!!!!
Wow!!! That is totally amazing. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI love you and am praying!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! I am really hoping that she chooses you!!! How crazy to think that you could be parents so quickly (well, quickly as far as adoptions go anyway!). But don't worry about the stuff you'll need. You only need a few things to be able to leave the hospital with the baby. After that, family and friends to the rescue!!! You don't even really need a crib for a baby that little. My older sister slept in a drawer lined with blankets for the first few months of her life :).
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you and praying for you over the next few days. Hoping this baby boy is your son!
So exciting! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteKelly, Mom to two boys through the miracle of adoption
God is so good. What a wonderful way to start a month dedicated to Mary following your trip to Lourdes.
ReplyDeleteMostly a lurker, but coming out to say Good luck and God bless! As a former teacher, everything will work out; I am sure people will be very supportive if you are able to your family....good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteNo matter the outcome, I will keep you in my prayers!!
ReplyDeletep.s. FYI, some friends of mine had 2 days notice. They didn't buy any clothes until the birth mother picked them for sure.
I prayed my heart out for you, T, and this birthmother at mass. I just KNOW God is hearing all these prayers and I cannot WAIT to see what this week unfolds!!
ReplyDelete(ps sorry Lucy was crying so loudly during our phone conversation! That might you as of Thursday ha ha!!!)
Not you crying -- your baby!! ha ha!!
ReplyDeletethis is so exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteagree that either way, God is speaking to you...and after being in Lourdes!!!
so many prayers coming your way...can't wait to see how the week plays out!
How exciting! Prayed for you last night during mass. I'll be stalking you, too!!!!
ReplyDeleteOk I'm officially stalking you already! Come on already, tuesday!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness! Our Lady of Lourdes, please come through! I am praying for you guys and the birthmother. At least you will not have to wait long to find out the decision and have the baby home if she chooses you. Do not worry at all about your school and other obligations - it will all work out. I am happy to help out any way you guys need - food, Babies R Us runs, anything you need if you get picked. A friend of mine was trying to give away a crib a little bit ago, so if you are interested, I can see if she still has it and pick it up/bring it over to you. (It has a drop side, so a little controversial right now).
ReplyDeleteWOW! We'll be praying for you. This is wonderful news...so exciting :)
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Amber
G, I am SOOOOOOO excited and praying HARD!!
ReplyDeleteI'm stalking too! Storming the heavens for tomorrow's meeting!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat's insane. Will be praying for you - and her! You have to update us right after the meeting, OK?!
ReplyDelete